What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position is in the corrugated packaging division of International Paper. We are one of the largest corrugated box manufacturers in the world.
Background: This position is located at the corrugated box plant in Olympia, WA and will report to the Sales Manager.
Position will function as part of the NW Region Design Team. Will directly support the Olympia corrugated box facility; will also work projects for all 5 Northwest plants. Responsible for creating efficient and innovative structural designs for corrugated packaging. Working closely with sales personnel and/or customers in identifying customer needs. Managing design projects and assisting in all phases of design processes - from initial customer needs assessment through customer approval of final design. Working closely with plant production personnel to ensure the plant’s ability to run proposed designs efficiently. Providing clear and accurate structural drawings. Maintaining project files and CAD files. Operating and maintaining the sample cutting table. Acting as a resource to sales, customers and the plant for solving style and strength issues. Working with tooling vendors and providing accurate files in a variety of formats for printing plate and cutting die orders. Working safely and accident free in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Minimum 8 years design experience
- Demonstrated CAD skills (ImpactCAD preferred)
- Complete technical knowledge, including field testing and lab analysis
- Able to maintain specifications for multiple facilities
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Strong people skills, with the ability to work with a variety of personalities from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to operate totally independently, manage all priorities
- Strong knowledge of corrugated – styles, strength characteristics, etc
- Excellent phone skills.
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of all Windows applications
- Strong “customer-in” mentality and sense of urgency to respond to customers quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and adhere to safety rules and practices
- 4 year degree in related field or 7 years Industry experience
- Experience operating a sample cutting table
- Experience working with produce market utilizing MPS
- Clear understanding of retail/club store business
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.