What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging, pulp and paper products with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, Europe, North Africa and Russia. We produce packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable world-wide commerce; pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal hygiene products that promote health and wellness; papers that facilitate education and communication; and paper bags, cups and food containers that provide convenience and portability. We are headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., and employ approximately 55,000 colleagues located in more than 24 countries. Net sales for 2016 were $21 billion.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
We currently have an opening for a Field Sales Manage based out of our Newark, Ohio facility and will cover sheet sales throughout the state of Ohio. These facilitates manufacture corrugated packaging products for local and national customers.
The Field Sales Manager is responsible for managing the sales/marketing function through the application of total quality principles and an effective marketing strategy to assure full customer satisfaction and maximum branch profitability. Has geographic sub-segment or facility sales responsibility and is responsible for achieving commercial goals in assigned geography segment or facility.
- Grow profitable sales by establishing and developing an effective sales leadership team and system.
- Deliver value to our target accounts by overseeing the development and implementation of market driven strategies.
- Field Sales Manager will be the key contact and Account Manager for our sheet business.
- Assist in establishing market pricing levels and strategies. Gather and monitor competitive information from the marketplace and identify market trends.
- Create opportunities for business building alliances by strengthening existing and helping develop new customer relationships.
- Establish and communicate mix objectives and strategy with the plants for operating efficiency and profitability.
- Support accurately forecasting volume and contribution for all accounts for plants on a monthly basis.
- Achieve the corporate business goals by leading the integration of functional (sales, marketing, operations, service) knowledge, information and resources.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, finance, management, or other related business discipline expected.
- Seven years of sales experience; corrugated sales experience preferred.
- Proven management/leadership experience in growing business and margins essential.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, active listening, and presentation).
- Strong management skills with the ability to delegate and follow through, and to hold individuals/team accountable for achievement of results.
- Thorough knowledge of the value-added packaging sector, manufacturing processes and design.
- Successful candidate should have strong business and financial acumen, especially in the areas of pricing, forecasting and budgeting.
- Must have ability to think strategically, define how IP can add value for the customer and provide leadership towards goal alignment.
- Must be competitive with high energy, integrity and values.
- Well-developed negotiation skills as well as project and account management ability required.
- Individual must have in-depth skill at managing the performance and safety of sales personnel, building synergy and promoting team work across functional lines.
- Customer Focus
- Management Behaviors
- Business Acumen
- Sales Expertise
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.