What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
We need a customer service representative for our Carson, CA location. This position works closely with our sales representatives, accounting, scheduling, and manufacturing teams for timely shipments.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Receive, process, and monitor progress of customer orders to align the overall business strategy of the facility.
- Responsible for expediting order changes and negotiating with customers.
- Responsible for expediting flow of information regarding specifications, orders, and customer requirements to manufacturing.
- Build specifications, enter orders, and prepare costs for repeat and new items consistent with plant booking system.
- Maintain the integrity of the backlog system and on-time delivery.
- Apprise customers of order status as appropriate.
- Ensure accuracy of files by maintaining up to date specification file and price changes.
- Maintain price quote system and credibility.
- Review support orders for completeness and accuracy; expedite flow of new item information.
- Handle customer complaints and solicit feedback through customer satisfaction process.
- Enhance customer relationships by maintaining specific call patterns and visiting customers.
- Communicate with the sales people on a regular basis regarding activities within their respective accounts.
- Track finished goods inventory where appropriate.
The following qualifications are required:
- 2 to 4 years customer service experience.
- Understanding of manufacturing capabilities, scheduling requirements, product knowledge, and truck utilization to respond to customer needs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle telephone conversations, listening, and communicating.
- Computer experience using spreadsheets, database, and word processing software; such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Able to remain flexible and adapt to the situation and provide either leadership or follow instructions and work independently.
- Enthusiastic, customer focused, self-motivated, innovative and aggressive.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- BS/BA in appropriate field preferred.
- Customer service experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of the industry, their characteristics and specifications, pricing and costing practices, preferred.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.