What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards.
The Fridley Minnesota Corrugated Sheet Feeder Location of International Paper has a Manufacturing Manager position opening.
The Manufacturing Manager provides leadership, coordination, and competencies that guide the manufacturing team and processes in the area of safety, productivity, housekeeping, customer satisfaction, cost effectiveness, and people systems while promoting continuous improvement and the use of reliable methods within the manufacturing organization. The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for the development and achievement of the manufacturing business plan and overall cost effectiveness of the manufacturing operation.
The Sheet Feeder Manufacturing Manager provides leadership and direction to manufacturing (Corrugator, Maintenance, Admin Support, EHS Support) associates. This position reports into the Fridley Plant General Manager.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES – Including but not limited to:
- Monitors and directs the performance of all manufacturing activities including throughput, cost and waste control, maintenance, quality, inventories control, and meeting budgeted production metrics, while ensuring that all safety reliable methods are in place
- Implements and maintains systems to drive manufacturing improvements
- Leads, coaches, motivates and engages work teams to accomplish operational objectives
- Ensures that all management, manufacturing, maintenance, and human resources systems are current and effectively utilized, and improved where possible
- Active involvement in the development of employees through training, coaching, and performance review feedback
- Champions & follows safety rules, practices, & processes
- Drives SBO (Safe Behavior Observation) process and LIFE initiative
- Manages and leads corrugators, maintenance & admin support
- Ensure compliance with environmental, safety, OSHA, EPA regulations
- Leads and fosters growth of employee engagement activities and one to one process
- Part of the team in selecting & hiring new hourly associates including diversity outreach and development initiatives
- Responds to customer complaints, and other corrective actions
- Actively participates as a member of the Regional Lead Team
- BS/BA in Related Field or Equivalent Experience
- 5+ Years of industry experience
- In depth knowledge of corrugated packaging manufacturing processes and technology
- Functional/technical skills
- Action oriented
- Building effective teams
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Command skills
- Directing others
- Motivating others
- Interpersonal savvy
- Drive for results
- Problem solving
- Process management
- Strategic agility
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.