What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards.
We currently have an opening for a Complex Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager. The Complex EHS Manager will have the responsibility to ensure Minnesota facilities comply with applicable environmental, health and safety laws, regulations and corporate policy and to certify to this requirement; develops, implements, and maintains effective systems, procedures and training to achieve and maintain an accident free, injury free and healthy workplace. The Complex EHS Manager will integrate continual environmental, health and safety and worker’s compensation improvements that support these goals, policies and statements. The position also may include working with our Iowa locations as needed.
- Works in partnership with management to develop and implement strategies, policies, and services to increase employee safety & reduce organization risks
- Develops, implements and maintains effective systems, procedures and training to achieve and maintain an accident free, injury free, and healthy work environment; plans and implements procedures, programs, and files regulatory reports in compliance with the local, state, and federal agencies
- Assists with the record keeping, and manuals for these programs (including but not limited to): OSHA, DOT, etc.
- Participates in Key Cooperative’s goal setting and budget process, in areas of safety and compliance
- Plans, implements, and oversees the company safety program; coordinates with plants’ safety committees
- Provide leadership in developing, implementing and managing EH&S policies, programs and practices
- Plans and implements programs to train supervisors and employees to meet standards and also to enhance the company safety culture
- Assists with new employee safety orientation program and employee safety training
- Assists with employee safety and driving records and training; special environmental projects and worker's compensation program
- Inspects organization facilities (safety audits) to detect existing or potential incident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Assists with the investigation of all incidents and injuries from initial report to closure
- Manages regulatory agency, third party audits, inspections, inquiries, contacts and reporting
- Tracks all safety and environmental training and audits
- Updates all safety postings and JSA's in conjunction with the Safety Committee
- Handles corporate EHS Audits in the facility
- Completes the KES for both Safety and Environmental
- Updates all Safety and Environmental programs, checklists and trainings
- Audits facility for compliance
- Spearheads all corporate directives through the plant
- Attends Monthly Safety Calls and prepares packets for supervisors to train employees
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment with responsibility for Environmental, Health and Safety
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office, Charts/Graphs, Trend Analysis
- Ability to be on call or work off hours as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Superior analytical/ problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; presentation and training delivery skills
- Experience working with local regulatory agencies preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Willing to travel as needed
- Drive for Results
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing though Systems
- Problem Solving
- Motivating Others
- Action Oriented
- Process Management
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.