Job Description Print Preview
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
New Product Development Specialist Position Description:
We currently have an opening for a New Product Development Specialist to drive the strategic and tactical marketing efforts for the Industrial Packaging North American (NAC) Solid Fiber business unit. The successful candidate must collect, analyze and synthesize market information, engage with the sales and manufacturing team to develop a strategic direction/plan for new products.
The Specialist reports to the Sales Manager and will work closely with the Solid Fiber team to establish the marketing vision, strategies and value propositions. The role leads the effort with sales team through the tactical execution of the strategy including the offer/product, distribution strategy, pricing strategy, communications and promotional plans. This Specialist role will be unique as this position will also be responsible for working closely with the Sales Manager to provide support.
- Provide a customer-focused, analytical perspective on the market for specific business unit(s), segment(s) and/or geographical area(s).
- Understand market trends, key drivers and the competitive landscape.
- Lead the segmentation, targeting and positioning or strategic marketing activities to improve top line growth and/or the profitability of the new specialty business.
- Ensure business leadership, sales, logistics, and manufacturing are an integral part of the strategy development to ensure the new product plans are accepted and effectively executed.
- Manage messages and material to support the business development plans.
- Develop capabilities and competencies within the businesses to provide a significant competitive advantage.
- Create opportunities for business building alliances by strengthening existing and new customer relationships.
Education / Experience Required:
- BS or equivalent in business management, marketing, economics, or related field
- 5-10 years experience in packaging, sales, marketing, and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of segmenting, targeting, and positioning within the packaging industry.
Other Qualifications Required:
- Robust analytical skills and Intellectual Horsepower
- Demonstrated Strategic Agility, Command Skills and Action Oriented
- Effective verbal and written communication skills across organizational levels
- Responsive, quick turn-around ability
- Creative thinker
- Flexible team player
The New Product Development Specialist position is located in Lancaster, PA and may require some overnight travel. Candidates must be geographically flexible and mobile for future opportunities with the company.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans