What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
We currently have an opening for a Shipping Supervisor at our Eaton, OH corrugated plant. This facility manufactures packaging products for local and national customers.
Leads and directs daily activities of the shipping department, including productivity, quality, service, and on-time delivery in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring customer requirements and organization goals are achieved.
- Ensures all work is performed in a safe, clean, productive environment. Promotes safety and housekeeping by following established safety rules and procedures
- Manages and coordinates daily activities for all three shifts in the shipping department
- Works closely with customer service department, production planning, finishing, accounting and sales to ensure full customer satisfaction
- Manages all warehouse space to best service of our customers
- Manages baled waste contracts for better return and prices
- Manages Returned Goods process
- Manages inventory with the assistance of the sales team in customer locations
- Works closely with customer service to maintain WITRON integrity specific to shipping bill of lading process
- Ensures that trucks are scheduled to the best efficiency, keeping in mind freight costs and ship to locations when coordinating the preparation of the daily shipping schedule
- Schedules deliveries 24 hours/per day seven days a week per customer demands.
- Cost analysis for all deliveries and customer pick-ups
- Maintains relationship with contracted truckers for best rates
- Organizes teams to guarantee loads are checked for correct quantities, weight, and quality of loads
- Guarantees that lift drivers maintain up to date training, coaches and facilitates the shipping team for better efficiency
- Maintains the integrity of finished goods inventory inside the facility and in outside warehouses; works closely with accounting and customer service to ensure accuracy of data; responsible for tracking inventory
- Maintains and keeps current the overall knowledge of costs associated with the shipping department
- Manages costs relative to pallet expenses
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Previous shipping experience required
- Prior experience in the corrugated packaging industry preferred
- Two years of supervisory experience preferred
- Action – oriented
- Customer Focused
- Developing Direct Reports
- Integrity and Trust
- Managerial Courage
- Organizational Skills
- Business Acumen
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
Qualified candidates should express interest by applying online at www.internationalpaper.com
. Click “Careers” then “Search Open Positions” then enter keyword “Eaton” and select the job that you are interested in.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.