What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Purpose: To ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded by providing quality conventional and electronic prepress services for the production process.
- Operate all computer platforms, proofing devices and software applications in the Prepress Department to create production materials, Preprint, Postprint and Lithographic packaging graphics and preflight to meet or exceed production schedules.
- Support Continuous Improvement and testing.
- Make computer files / systems back-ups as required.
- Communicate with and support Management, Project Management, Design and Production.
- Provide for a safe workplace. Complete all monthly and quarterly safety requirements.
- Complete all operations required to check files from outside suppliers for use in the production process.
- Participate in job planning/hand-off meetings and scheduling meetings as needed.
- Provide technical support and assistance to the facility, outside printers and vendors.
- Complete quality checks on all jobs.
- Write and implement all appropriate process work instructions for use in training and reference.
- Shipping via FedEx, UPS, USPS, Greyhound or “counter to counter”.
- Lead and/or participate in internal presentations as needed.
- Complete special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and communication skills.
- Works well as a team member
- Able to solve problems
- Can work and make decisions independently
- Able to maintain and manage multiple tasks
- Computer skills (Windows, Macintosh, Esko Packedge)
- Knowledge of, Artpro, Artpro + beneficial but not required.
- Computer Application Software as applicable.
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years Flexographic printing experience
- 2+ years electronic prepress experience (production art) required
- Knowledge of press capabilities and downstream converting issues (e.g., proper die cut registration, graphics placement, scoring, etc.)
- Able to work extended hours, evenings, or weekends, as needed, to meet department needs.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.