International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa. Its businesses include industrial and consumer packaging and uncoated papers. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., the company employs approximately 65,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
We currently have an opening for an Accounting Specialist at our container facility in Biglerville Pennsylvania. This position will provide accounting and administrative support for the three plants in the complex and function as a resource between Finance, HR, Manufacturing and Sales and reports to the Complex Controller.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for a variety of routine and some non-routine clerical/accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable or a related financial area. Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity. Assignments broad in nature and usually require originality and ingenuity. Applies advanced skills.
- Perform daily financial activities of the plant.
- Ensure accurate and timely entry and processing of daily, weekly and monthly payroll including balancing hours and maintaining accuracy.
- Assist in other accounting duties such as month-end close activities, managing financial purchasing transactions, collaborating with other departments, and supporting to ensure compliance of the internal control process
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and interruptions
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working both independently and collaborating with teams
- Computer software proficiency in: Excel, Word, Power Point, Financial Systems (SAP & Kronos preferred)
- Ability to work overtime and holidays, if necessary
- Two to three years accounting experience or equivalent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Customer focused
- Open minded--ability to accept and work through change
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.