What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The successful individual will direct the financial activities of the Tracy, CA facility (24/7 operations) by establishing and maintaining effective fiscal procedures and controls, analyzing performance and recommending or directing action needed to maximize the financial return of the business to the division and the corporation. Provides leadership to the accounting staff as it relates to people development activities.
- The Controller is accountable for ensuring accurate books and records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and that the business is conducted in compliance with established division and corporate policies, procedures and practices; ensures accurate and timely processing of daily, weekly, and monthly responsibilities and reports.
- This position will direct the preparation and analysis of the annual strategic plan, capital plan, monthly operating results, trends, capital projects and operating forecasts in order to meet facility objectives.
- Management of the finance staff on a day to day basis including financial transactions, analytical work and overall development of team members.
- Undergraduate degree with focus on accounting and/or finance
- Five years managing financial/accounting department
- Three years experience in manufacturing related environment
- Proven ability to analyze financial statements and identify potential problems
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Experience in the corrugated industry
- Business acumen
- Managing vision and purpose
- Building effective teams
- Informing skills
- Managerial courage
- Learning on the fly
- Priority setting/time management
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.