The Global Technology Process Control SME functions as an internal consultant, and is expected to develop projects and drive activity that yield improvement across the company. The duties range widely: safety leadership, troubleshooting, optimization, teaching and mentoring, deliberate improvement projects, capital projects, process audits, and strategic studies.
Minimum experience factors and individual attributes of the Process Control SME-I position:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in operations and service in the process control field, with an emphasis on the Pulp & Paper Industry.
- A college degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering, or related discipline subject to experience factors.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide process technical support on a business priority basis.
- Capacity to lead and/or participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of supporting extensive domestic and international travel.
- Experience as a Consultant in the Process Control field is desirable.
- Fluency in multiple languages is not required, but skill in Russian, French, Portuguese, or Polish would be useful.
Process Control Expertise
Key Process Control skills and experience factors of the SME-I position:
- Working knowledge of 2-3 primary operating areas of the facility, with a first-principles understanding of the underlying processes.
- Knowledge of Bleach Plant and Pulping Controls at an advanced level.
- Practitioner to advanced level understanding of regulatory control principles, with experience applying fundamental control algorithms and techniques (e.g. PID, Feedforward, Cascade, Supervisory).
- Demonstrated success implementing regulatory and/or advanced process automation solutions for product improvement or cost reduction in 2-3 primary operating areas of the facility.
- Experience designing and implementing basic to moderately complex automation strategies with distributed control systems (DCS), and programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Proficiency with modern computer programming and scripting languages, networking principles, and electronic communication protocols.
- Proficiency using process identification techniques, analysis, and modern control tuning methods using software tools such as Expertune, Protuner, or Entech.
- Experience with process diagnostics and variability analysis, using tools such as OSI PI, Capstone Parcview, Aspen IP/21, MatLab, or BrainCube.
- Experience providing support to capital projects such as major process modifications, and equipment installations and rebuilds.
- Working knowledge of industrial instrumentation applications and their performance factors (valves, sensors, transmitters, analyzers).
50-75% required: Ability to travel domestic and international when required, sometimes on very short notice.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Loveland OH 45140