What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa. Its businesses include industrial and consumer packaging and uncoated papers. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., the company employs approximately 65,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for playing a lead role in a variety of routine and non-routine - general accounting functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with established division and corporate policies, procedures and practices. Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity. Assignments are broad in nature and usually require originality and ingenuity. Applies advanced skills.
- Perform daily financial activities of the plant.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of daily, weekly, and monthly responsibilities and reports.
- Enters daily production hours into Payroll System, balances hours and maintains accuracy.
- Actively assist the complex controller in maintaining a proper internal control environment around policy, procedures, and asset protection.
- Provides basic analysis and key information to the site manager, complex controller, complex GM, and other groups including corporate finance department.
- Requires an Associate’s degree or equivalent, or 10+ years of experience
- Customer focused
- Open minded--ability to accept and work through change
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans