What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The HR Specialist for the North American Container (NAC) business group will work with all NAC field locations, including corrugated box plant facilities and specialty businesses which report into NAC.
Key Functions/Responsibilities of this position are:
- Provide administrative support to the NAC HR Director and the NAC HR Lead Team.
- Plan meetings including NAC HR conferences, NAC HR Lead Team meetings, NAC HR Area meetings, conference calls; manage the calendar and scheduling of meetings for the HR Director.
- Provide HR Specialist support to business level NAC employees for NAC HR and NAC Staff Groups (National Accounts, Manufacturing Services, Finance, Marketing), including maintenance of personnel files, posting new positions, entering SAP transactions, providing on-boarding assistance for new hires, managing leave of absence paperwork and processes for our vendor, along with other specialist support for this population.
- Manage the new hire process for NAC HR and Staff group employees including scheduling drug screens and health assessments, administering background checks, emailing internal new hire information, collecting documents for the personnel file, and assisting with the relocation process.
- Provide support for the business people review process by assisting with scheduling, preparing and compiling materials.
- Assist in preparing materials and reports for business compensation planning processes (MIP, PSP, and MRP).
- Manage the overall business relocation process, providing documentation and reports. Interact with Nucompass frequently via phone and email regarding exceptions and escalations.
- Provide training and assist with Success Factors online performance management administration and questions.
- Maintain various business databases such as the HR Sharepoints, NAC new hire onboarding site, and Smartphone submissions for the business as well as other vendor databases.
- Monitor NAC HR spending vs. budget and report to managers.
- Run reports and compile data as needed for the business and HR Lead Team including S&A, diversity and promotion tracking, objective and CSA completion and other reports/data needed by HR and the business.
- Maintain NAC business group organizational charts, NAC phone directory and Memphis office assignments.
- Assist the NAC HR organization with the delivery of human resources services to the businesses, including but not limited to scheduling interviews, travel scheduling and other administrative functions.
- Participate in safety programs and committees.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Previous HR systems experience required/SAP HR experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data from multiple sources in Excel (maintain spreadsheets, utilize v-lookups, pivot tables, formulas, etc.), ensure data accuracy, and summarize the data in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to create and edit Powerpoint presentations for business leader review
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to make the complex simple and concise and communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, and pay extreme attention to detail
Required Competencies include:
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Organizational Agility
- Time Management
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Peer Relations
- Customer Focus
- Managing and Measuring
- Action Oriented
- Business Acumen
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.