What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper’s Petersburg, VA plant is searching for an experienced Maintenance Manager. The successful candidate will supervise approximately 9 bargaining unit employees. This position will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Must interface and partner with operations group to prioritize and support improvement efforts.
- Manage maintenance workforce and provide leadership for department by being part of team that drives increased availability and facility preservation.
- Maximizes profitability by establishing maintenance improvement plans and managing total cost of mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Lead technical problem solving/failure analysis for equipment; organizes and facilitates needed resources and information.
- Initiates processes to lead and manage all maintenance team members to become fully engaged.
- Ensures building, equipment and technology project objectives are met by effectively organizing, directing, scheduling, and managing required resources.
- Ensure proper work order execution through SAP process.
- Ensure plant is in compliance with all applicable corporate, state, local, and federal regulatory policies and procedures.
Several key competency requirements include:
Change agent, Action Oriented, Ability to Influence Others not in direct Control Of, Managing and Measuring, Customer Focus, Delegation, Developing Direct Reports, Managerial Courage, Results Oriented, Technical Learning and Building Effective Teams.
Candidate should have 5 or more years of industrial maintenance experience
Corrugated container industry a plus but not required
Plant machine maintenance or process experience
Proven track record for successful maintenance initiatives that drive business results
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong leadership skills with ability to develop high levels of teamwork and operating excellence in changing environment
Ability and willingness to coach human performance and demonstrated ability to set direction independently and make sound business decisions in a timely manner
Knowledge of SAP purchasing, and work order modules a plus
Must be able to work within budgeting constraints, be able to maintain inventory of wear parts, skilled with Excel and Word
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.