International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging, pulp and paper products with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, Europe, North Africa and Russia. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods, and enable world-wide commerce; pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal hygiene products that promote health and wellness and papers that facilitate education and communication. We are headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., and employ approximately 52,000 colleagues located in more than 24 countries. Net sales for 2016 were $21 billion. For more information about International Paper, our products, and global citizenship efforts, please visit internationalpaper.com.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
Direct supervisor to one assigned shift of hourly employees who is responsible for supervision, direction and leadership in safety, quality, productivity and engagement to ensure goals are met.
- Supervise employees in the daily production of corrugated board, to include training, planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating employee performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; promoting safety, quality production and teamwork; resolving conflicts.
- Lead and motivate employees by setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance to work efficiently and effectively, while ensuring a safe work environment, and a quality product.
- Effectively communicate operational information in both oral and written format at all levels: crew members, other supervisors, plant management, office personnel and outside customers and vendors.
- Actively promote and ensure compliance with safety, quality and other programs and initiatives utilized within the organization.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Prior experience in the corrugated packaging industry required.
- Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Action – oriented
- Customer Focused
- Developing Direct Reports
- Integrity and Trust
- Managerial Courage
- Organizational Skills
- Business Acumen
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans