What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper operates a recycling business which collects, sorts, and processes waste paper and other recyclables across North America. The business contributes to the U.S. paper recycling environmental success story (where recovery now exceeds 60%) and contributes to International Paper’s manufacturing success.
This position reports to the Plant General Manager and is a hands-on leadership position responsible for providing direction to first and second shift employees.
This vacancy is for a Plant Superintendent at our Phoenix, AZ Recycling Plant.
- Foster a safety environment that ensures team members are not injured
- Make certain there are no LIFE injuries by a safety first culture that includes engagement and ownership in the plant
- Support, coach, direct and assist production leads and plant team members as needed
- Help achieve plant financial targets by managing cost and plant S&A cost
- Provide leadership in transportation, operations, maintenance, and capital expense
- Ensure compliance of EHS policies and procedures
- Drive improvements and enhancements to plant safety and KES programs
- Conduct plant safety meetings
- Ensures plant housekeeping meets established standards
- Ensures effective training of plant personnel
- Manage and control costs to meet targets
- Drive improvements in operating processes and workflow
- Develop working knowledge of P&L statement
- Lead successful implementation of continuous improvement projects
- Identify opportunities to improve plant financial results
- Proven commitment to safety and safety processes
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be able to work within a team atmosphere and effectively coach for results
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Effective analytical skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience manufacturing / processing industry
- College degree or equivalent education and experience
- Spanish proficiency
- Ability to relocate for future career growth opportunities
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.