What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper operates a recycling business which collects, sorts, and processes waste paper and other recyclables across North America. The business contributes to the U.S. paper recycling environmental success story (where recovery now exceeds 60%) and contributes to International Paper’s manufacturing success.
The Recycling Representative is responsible for ethically and professionally representing International Paper in the recycling marketplace. This position is responsible for maintaining the existing customer accounts and developing new profitable business for the Company. A Recycling Representative’s role is to evaluate a supplier’s recycling needs and offers, through consultative sales techniques, recommendations to fulfill those needs while striving to generate and maintain profitability to achieve unit objectives and business goals. Executing business development activities through all phases of the sales process including prospect development, cold calling, submitting proposals, and actively competing for recovered fiber from printers, distributors, and scrap paper producers is a primary function of this position. The position requires an individual that is self motivated and capable of selling a service rather than a product and acquiring new customers that are profitable while meeting their recycling demands.
This position is located at our Itasca, IL, Recycling Plant.
- Develops and secures profitable fiber supply for the plant.
- Understands plant costs and applies that knowledge through the use of account profitability analysis tools
- Understands the plant's capabilities and sources fiber accordingly, using professional sourcing methods to acquire new business.
- Develops and executes an effective prospecting and fiber procurement plan
- Monitors fiber market pricing and adjusts existing supplier pricing as needed to maintain satisfactory margin
- Acts as a liaison between the supplier and the plant to ensure timely, accurate information flow between the two in order to maintain a positive long term relationship.
- Develops a clear understanding of supplier's business and critical requirements through frequent visits to supplier’s facilities.
- Handles supplier complaints promptly and effectively.
- Practices effective time and territory management.
- Functions effectively as a member of the plant fiber sourcing team.
- Interfaces effectively with other departments and maintains open lines of communication with stakeholders.
- Minimum two years successful direct outside sales or fiber sourcing experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer/supplier focus with the ability to listen, understand and analyze the needs of customers/suppliers.
- Ability to recognize changes in market conditions and adapt marketing strategies accordingly.
- Strong people skills, with the ability to work with a variety of personalities from diverse backgrounds.
- Basic financial skills in managing gross margin and basics of account profitabilities in relation to a facility’s P&L
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel computer applications.
- Four year college degree in business with emphasis in marketing or business administration
- Familiarity with the recycled fiber industry and/or pulp and paper industry
- Fiber sourcing, sales and/or marketing experience in wastepaper recycling
- Familiarity with the area and local market structure
- Interest in general management as a potential career path
- Ability to relocate
Relocation is available for this position.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.