What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Site Manager is accountable for site performance of a supply-side manufacturing plant. Key performance criteria include safety, cost, machine uptime, quality, waste and overall process reliability of site(s). Performance success is measured and achieved through strong manufacturing knowledge, strong participative leadership skills and a solid understanding of key business metrics/objectives and desire to achieve those metrics/objectives.
- Committed to a safe work environment and ensures that all IP safety and health reliable methods and federal and state OSHA requirements are in place and followed.
- Coordinates site efforts through Complex General Manager, other complex facilities to achieve quality targets, volume expectations, employee engagement and delivery requirements.
- Works with Complex General Manager to develop and implement short- and long-term plans to become a low-cost producer and preferred supplier for customers.
- Responsible for direct reports in customer service, production, quality, shipping, scheduling and maintenance departments.
- Develops and maintains an effective team and organizational structure, through personal involvement, to maximize performance and drive superior customer and employee satisfaction.
- Manages plant assets and aligns with strategic plans.
- Manages key human resources systems and processes including affirmative action/diversity, succession planning, competency assessments, performance management and individual development plans.
The following qualifications are required:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum 6 years experience in production management, with concentration in related products, markets, customers and manufacturing processes, such as safety, environmental, inventory, quality and process reliability.
- Familiar with basic computer applications and ability to learn additional business-related systems.
- Proven in-depth manufacturing knowledge including manufacturing processes and corrugating and converting equipment.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to build business relationships, provide recognition & employee development, and demonstrate integrity & high personal standards.
- Knowledge of Labor Principles in a Union facility
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Possess business and financial acumen including the understanding of key business drivers and leverage points, financial processes, cost controls and profitability factors.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related discipline
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.