What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Fibers Operations SME
This position will report to the Manager, Fibers Solutions Group
Location: Loveland, OH (Incumbent can work remotely with extensive travel required)
Technology Subject Matter Experts (SME) use expertise and leadership gained through years of experience to deliver improvement within the manufacturing system. The duties vary widely between practicing safety leadership, troubleshooting, deliberate improvement projects, capital projects, equipment and process studies and audits. A key component of a Subject Matter Expert’s job is to transfer knowledge and skills to mill personnel to build on-site capability.
The Subject Matter Expert position is accountable for delivering results on a wide range of assignments, short and long-term, across our global mill system. The SME must work well with varied teams and be able to quickly engage employees from all levels of the organization from executive to the shop floor, and influence vendors and contractors. A SME has the ability, communication skills, and presence to influence all levels of the organization from bottom to top. A SME works largely independently, executing change within the area of expertise, and able to influence even very large projects. A SME remains aware of and incorporates changes within the area of expertise into skill set quickly and automatically. A SME is globally astute and generally effective communicating and influencing even in facilities outside the native language. A SME is a generator of ideas and catalyst of change and value creation.
The Subject Matter Expert position functions as an internal consultant, and is expected to develop projects and produce improvement in the fiber line area anywhere in the company. The duties range widely between safety leadership, troubleshooting, optimization, teaching, deliberate improvement projects, capital projects, process audits, strategic studies, and mentoring. Performance measurements include:
- Ability to contribute to, and deliver improving safety results, with a specific emphasis in the area of expertise
- Ability to rapidly and accurately diagnose and resolve operating malfunctions, either onsite and or remotely
- Reduction in consumption of direct raw materials, energy, and labor.
- Improvement in production, reliability, availability and quality above historical limits and to world-class levels
- Ability to interface with and technically develop and mentor others within the area of expertise
- Ability to drive results and self-manage priorities on multiple simultaneous project
- The Fibers Solutions group provides operation, process and engineering technical assistance to International Paper’s mills worldwide.
- Provides technical expertise for pulping and fiber line operating areas, mechanical and engineering support for all fibers unit operations
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Loveland OH 45140