What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa. Its businesses include industrial and consumer packaging and uncoated papers. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., the company employs approximately 65,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
We currently have an opening for a Maintenance Manager at our manufacturing facility located in Eaton, Ohio. This facility manufactures corrugated packaging products for local and national customers.
The Maintenance Manager sets priorities and coordinates crew activities and assignments and is responsible for the daily maintenance, repairs and upgrades to converting or corrugated equipment; serves as a technical resource for production managers, typically has previous supervisory experience.
- Oversee maintenance department and manage employees.
- Report to Manufacturing Manager any information that may impede the operation of the plant as soon as it becomes known, while providing technical expertise regarding plant equipment and facilities.
- Initiate and/or maintain a cost-effective preventive maintenance program and implement quality improvement and cost reduction ideas.
- Contact and work with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results.
- Maintains adequate inventories of spare parts and purchase materials, parts and supplies as required.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated personnel supervisory skills.
- Four years maintenance experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- College and/or related technical courses.
- Five years experience in the corrugated box industry with heavy experience in electronics, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics and electricity.
- Action Oriented
- Customer/Quality Focused
- Organizational Skills
- Developing Direct Reports
- Building Effective Teams
- Priority Setting
- Process Management
- Conflict Management
- Decision Quality
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation, as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.