Perform procurement function at the New Bern, NC mill to secure goods and/or services for the facility in accordance with IP Global Sourcing and Financial policy and delegated authority so as to maximize total value received and produce results that contribute to the facility meeting their business objectives. The position reports to the Purchasing Manager and will be located at the New Bern mill. Position level will vary depending upon experience and education of the successful candidate.
- Provide prompt and professional purchasing services to internal customers by communicating effectively with the Operating, Engineering, and Maintenance areas
- Support a shared responsibility for capital projects through the procurement process, contract execution and implementation phases
- Mentor and assist team members with less experience in the performance of their responsibilities
- Promptly handle requisitions to ensure stable supply and timely availability of materials and services
- Ensure purchased goods and services are of acceptable quality and meet established specifications and requirements
- Prepare and publish specifications for bids, evaluate bid responses, verify history of supplier service and ability to meet contract specifications, and negotiate contracts
- Develop procurement strategies and lead to execution.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to maximize value add opportunities and promote Purchasing value proposition.
- Support GMS action plan for purchasing and process improvements.
- Develop an effective supplier base by cultivating supplier relationships through reviews of operations and mutually beneficial programs
- Recommend new suppliers based on quality, service, and competitive pricing
- Implementation of Global Sourcing Agreements and strategies for purchasing and materials management processes at the unit level
- Obtain maximum value for IP regarding cost, quality, delivery and service levels
- Overall assurance of customer satisfaction, value generation, and service delivery for the New Bern mill
- Support Corporate and Regional MRO agreements consistent with Global Sourcing direction
- Track and report supplier performance and escalate supplier issues as appropriate
- Pursue opportunities to consolidate purchases and competitively source materials under local, regional, and national contracts
- Ensure adherence to IP Corporate financial and purchasing policies and procedures
- Support mill safety initiatives
Working Conditions/Personal Demands:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must be able to wear all required personal safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, hearing protection, and fall protection in elevated positions.
- Will be required to work extended hours and be available for weekend call on rotating schedule.
- Successfully complete Global Sourcing Associates Program in one of our primary mills or a minimum of (3) years purchasing experience including bidding, negotiating, and administering contracts and agreements.
- Pulp and Paper Mill experience preferred. Industrial/manufacturing experience required.
- Effective Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Proficient in Computer Use
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point, Access and Outlook
- SAP Business Software Knowledge Preferred
- BA or BS degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance or Business Administration or related field strongly desired