What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
We currently have an opening for a Maintenance Supervisor that will support our Putnam, CT facility. The Putnam facility manufactures corrugated packaging for local and national customers. This position reports to the facility Manufacturing Manager.
- Participate in plant safety improvement efforts
- Successfully establish an operating environment that embraces continuous improvement processes achieved through team-based initiatives with particular focus applied to plant goals and scorecard measures.
- Championing preventive maintenance processes.
- Purchasing materials, parts, and supplies as required.
- Providing technical expertise regarding plant equipment and facilities.
- Prioritizing maintenance activities.
- Accurately and completely preparing and maintaining maintenance records and other paperwork.
- Responsible for continued emphasis on work systems – solidify basic tools and lead the further development of high performance work teams.
- Maintain a positive relationship with customers and sales group.
- Support and contribute to the professional development of facility leadership for succession planning and cross-functional needs.
- Maintain the primary responsibility for insuring that jobs stay within budget and steer investigations of situations that result in jobs with excessive costs.
- Maintain constant communication with facility lead team through active participation in daily production meetings, weekly lead team meetings and one-on-one sessions.
- Assist department leaders in monitoring work in progress and schedule conformance.
- Generates input on new equipment purchases and major modifications of existing equipment.
- Champion waste and other process improvement initiatives utilizing structured problem solving and employee engagement to yield positive results.
- Directly Lead/Manage the Maintenance Department – Including day to day supervision, coaching, training, and development of all Maintenance employees.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent candidates will have 3-5 years experience leading a maintenance team within a manufacturing environment; preferably in a corrugated, converting, and/or preprint environment.
- Knowledge of heavy manufacturing machinery and both of its electrical and mechanical components
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing, implementing and managing high performance work systems and teams
- Knowledge of and compliance with local and corporate policies
- Experience leading Lean manufacturing efforts is highly preferred
- Strong computer skills required
- Process Management
- Drive for Results
- Building Effective Teams
- Command Skills
- Customer Focus
- Managing through Systems
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Developing Direct Reports
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans