What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
We currently have an opening for a Maintenance Supervisor at our Laurens, SC Container plant. This facility manufactures packaging products for local and national customers.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading and directing plant maintenance activities; ensures that equipment and facilities are kept in optimum operating conditions.
- Lead and direct plant maintenance team to insure production equipment is maintained in a manner to allow optimum efficiency.
- Insure maintenance staff have the skillset required to meet the needs of the business.
- Report to Site Manager any information that may impede the operation of the plant as soon as it becomes known, while providing technical expertise regarding plant equipment and facilities.
- Partner with production department leaders to insure the maintenance needs of each area are met in a timely and quality manner.
- Initiate and/or maintain a cost-effective preventive maintenance program and implement quality improvement and cost reduction ideas
- Focus on continuous improvement using Manufacturing Excellence tools within the Maintenance Department and in Production areas as applicable.
- Contact and work with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results.
- Insure adequate inventories of spare parts and materials are maintained and that Purchasing guidelines for Maintenance items are met as required
- Troubleshoot and solve problems.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Four years’ maintenance experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- College and/or related technical courses. Advanced degree highly preferred
- Five years’ experience in the corrugated box industry with heavy experience in electronics, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electricity.
- Demonstrated positive personnel supervisory skills.
- Action oriented Customer/Quality Focused
- Organizational Skills Developing Direct Reports
- Building Effective Teams Priority Setting
- Process Management Conflict Management
- Decision Quality
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.