International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a leading global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging, pulp and paper products with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, Europe, North Africa, India and Russia. We produce corrugated packaging products that protect and promote goods and enable worldwide commerce; pulp for diapers, tissue and other personal hygiene products that promote health and wellness and papers that facilitate education and communication. We are headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., and employ approximately 52,000 colleagues located in more than 24 countries. Net sales for 2017 were $22 billion. For more information about International Paper, our products and global citizenship efforts, please visit internationalpaper.com.
The Sales Representative is responsible for growing volume and margin for our North America Container business through professional and effective representation within the corrugated packaging marketplace. This requires successful management of a sales territory by developing and fostering sound customer relationships. A Sales Representative will examine and evaluate a customer's packaging needs and then offer recommendations to fulfill those needs while striving to meet the directives established by regional and plant management.
- Profitably grow the business with priority strategic (high transactional to consultative mix) accounts by developing and successfully implementing Key Account Plans.
- Enable profitable decision-making through demonstrated knowledge of; general business principles, internal financial management and industry business practices.
- Identify and implement Value Propositions with priority customers through knowledge and application of IP corporate/business capabilities and resources.
- Create IP advantage through continuous evaluation of market conditions, competitive environment and opportunities for innovation.
- BA/BS in related field
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Drive for results
- Action oriented
- Functional/technical skills
- Customer focus
- Learning on the fly
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.