International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa. Its businesses include industrial and consumer packaging and uncoated papers. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., the company employs approximately 65,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide.
International Paper’s vision is to be one of the best and most respected companies in the world. A company of substance in everything we do, from the products we make, to investing in communities, to protecting our environment, International Paper supports communities where our employees live and work.
Responsible for creating and developing quality package designs, specifications, and prototypes to assist Account Managers in sales promotions; investigates and procures all data required to develop the design.
- Discuss design projects with Sales representatives and be able to select the appropriate designs needed and draw designs.
- Formulate and communicate ideas for new and/or improved designs by analyzing customer needs and production feasibility.
- Use computer aided design software to create samples then process the sample on the cutting table.
- Be knowledgeable of production machine capabilities in order to assist in the development of design specs.
- Assist customer service to insure proper plate and die ordering and master print card are secured on a timely basis.
- Associate to four year degree with emphasis on computer aided design, CAD, and drafting, or applicable work experience.
- Prior experience in the corrugated packaging industry preferred.
- Competent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required.
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Functional/technical skills
- Learning on the fly
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans