International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa. Its businesses include industrial and consumer packaging and uncoated papers. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., the company employs approximately 65,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide.
International Paper’s vision is to be among the most successful, sustainable and responsible companies in the world.
The Maintenance Supervisor role is responsible for managing a shift or team of maintenance hourly technicians, the compilation of reports & statistics related to key performance measures for the maintenance department, and the planning process for maintenance projects under the direction of the facility Maintenance Manager.
- Identify areas where safety issues could arise and take measures to proactively address the concerns.
- Contact and work with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results.
- Maintains adequate inventories of spare parts and purchase materials, parts, and supplies as required.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Following all safety rules and practices as well as being accountable for ensuring maintenance personnel follow the same safety rules and practices
- Supervision of a shift or team of maintenance hourly technicians
- Assisting Maintenance Manager with development and management of capital projects
- Utilizing various systems (including KIWI and SAP) to track and report maintenance key performance measures
- Managing the work order system utilizing SAP and tracking work orders through proficiency including compilation of reports for the facility leadership team
- Planning/scheduling maintenance projects including: scheduling of proper personnel (employees & contractors), maintaining project budget, ensuring access to machine manuals, ensuring necessary parts are in inventory and working with the production team to schedule time for completion of the project
- Planning/scheduling predictive & preventative maintenance activities
- Acting as a back-up Maintenance Manager as needed
- Maintaining open communications with managers and first line leaders at the plant to ensure they are informed of problems and/or unusual situations
- Performing other duties as assigned by immediate manager or other facility leaders
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or technical degree preferred.
- Solid Computer / System skill set and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required. Prior experience utilizing SAP, KIWI and/or ePAD is highly preferred
- Must have PLC programming experience
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience and/or demonstrated situational leadership skills is required.
- Prior mechanical, electrical and/or maintenance troubleshooting experience is required. Corrugated experience is highly preferred.
- Prior experience with predictive/preventative maintenance programs, inventory and capital project planning is highly preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively is required.
- Preferred key competencies include:
- Problem Solving
- Action / Results Oriented
- Priority Setting
- Integrity and Trust
International Paper offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, life and accident insurance, vacation as well as a 401(k) plan and retirement savings account. This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.