CLICK HERE TO APPLY
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Provide field level chip and fiber fuel fiber testing and supplier analysis. Conduct technical inspection and evaluation on chip and fiber fuel producing equipment. Analyze, test, audit, and perform maintenance on chip and fiber fuel quality laboratory and various sampling infrastructure equipment/tools. Provide resource information to various individuals and teams. Document and communicate benchmarking and reference information to suppliers and customers. Conduct training on systems, equipment and tools as required. Ensure fiber quality labs meet all region and corporate safety, health and environmental guidelines. Oversight of fiber quality lab productivity and quality deliverables. Use manufacturing excellence applications to ensure continuous improvement and process sustainability. Support Global Sourcing and Mill team members in process improvement.
Education & Qualifications:
- B S Forest Resources or related degree, or AA in Forest Technology or related degree.
- Or 3 years’ experience in chip manufacturing/processing/maintenance or commensurate experience in similar manufacturing environment, or in manufacturing quality control
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules, including weekends and holidays.
- Overnight travel approximately 30% of time.
- Must be able to adapt to change, cope with different personalities and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Skilled/knowledgeable of chip and fiber fuel production equipment.
- Skilled/knowledgeable of machine diagnostic tools and equipment.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Excellence tools and applications.
Job Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Ensure that International Paper Pulp and Paper Mills receive optimum fiber quality to digesters for pulp and boilers for steam generation:
- Demonstrate and practice safety by taking safe actions, correcting unsafe conditions, and complying with all safety policy and training requirements.
- Facilitate delivery of highest quality chip fiber and fiber fuel fiber to pulp and paper mill customers by providing field analytical, technical and diagnostic support to internal and external suppliers.
- Deliver appropriate information and data to suppliers and mill customers by documenting/benchmarking fiber quality data, and technical reports and through the use of IP’s database programs.
- Develop, maintain and institutionalize protocols and standards by providing training/coaching for fiber quality lab personnel and others associated with the process.
- Ensure fiber quality lab and sampling infrastucture meet standards to produce valid, reliable and consistent data by performing inspections / audits, calibration, maintenance, repairs and other duties as required.
- Provide fiber manufacturing/processing problem solutions/implementation support to mill/external vendors by conducting equipment/process evaluations.
- Provide technical support to various mill studies, including Pulp PRO audits.
- Willing to accept temporary assignments that require travel.
- West Region – Provide services for:
- Three to four International Paper Pulp and Paper Mills.
- Key External Vendors: Sawmills and chip mills delivering chip and fiber fuel, and recycling operations delivering recovered fiber to those facilities.
- Assist communicating customer’s chip quality program expectations to external vendors
- Assist communicating supplier’s chip quality results to Fiber Supply team members and vendors.
- Assist communicating International Paper mill manufactured chip quality results to key mill personnel.
- Responsible for maintenance of capital assets up to $375,000.
Positively and professionally represent International Paper
- Positively represent International Paper in interactions with internal and external contacts.
- Communicates quality and safety program expectations and specifications to external vendors.
- Communicates vendor/supplier’s safety and quality issues to Fiber Supply team members.
- Assists in minimizing overhead / procurement expenses.
- Functions well in a team focused work environment.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
- Command Skills
- Drive for Results
- Communication Skills – both oral and written
- Time Management
- Learning on the Fly
- Peer Relationships (Fiber Supply team, mill partners, suppliers, vendors)
- Functional computer skills and knowledge of software applications