Checkout, Commissioning, and Startup SME
Ideal candidates are familiar with capital projects and process control for paper machines and pulp mill operations/production. Unique opportunity to learn from the leader in our industry.
International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products, is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Lead the process of CC&S from project approval through startup. Develop and/or review and lead commissionable systems, commissioning procedures, oversee the Integrated Factory Acceptance Test to simulate the commissioning procedures, develop the decontamination procedures for agreed systems. Work with International Paper’s and Vendor Experts to startup and trouble shoot the project process equipment. Work with the Project Team to build an integrated scheduled.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Provide Leadership to the C,C,&S team
- Ensure Training is performed.
- Ensure all team members are knowledgeable of the C,C,&S activities, reporting and documentation for their area of responsibility.
- Build and maintain C,C,&S schedule making adjustments as systems and equipment becomes available.
- Report Progress highlighting accomplishments, Issues and next step plans.
- Communicate with Technology and Vendor resources on key dates and needs with as much advance notice as possible.
- Ensure safety issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Pre-Job Safety discussion is conducted before each activity and that the discussion include what could go wrong and ways to mitigate are developed.
- Do not allow C,C,&S activities to proceed until all safety activities are properly accomplished.
- Work with the mill and engineering to ensure an accurate P&ID is developed with proper names, of equipment and valves.
- More than 75% travel
- Extended assignments for 3 to 6 months
- Possible night shift at times
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Loveland OH 45140