What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The role of this position is to profitably maintain and grow IP sales by developing and executing Key Account Plans with a primary focus on New Account development. The position is responsible for providing insights for development of customer Value Propositions that will create IP market advantage. The position will provide timely feedback on market, customer and competitive activity influencing the market and develops effective responses. Is the primary developer and executor of financial solutions.
Scope: Individual contributor (no direct reports). Is assigned geographic or sub-segment sales responsibility. Position is responsible for a mix of consultative and transactional accounts that are in the business unit’s list of top 50% accounts. Responsibility for a moderately high level of business unit profitability. Assigned accounts are complex in nature with few having multiple locations. Position has demonstrated senior management level value to account and has developed strong upper management relationships. Is the account team leader responsible for bringing resources to successfully execute the value propositions. Moderate supervision required and possesses significant commitment authority. Position participates in development and delivery of financial solutions.
- Profitably grow the business with priority strategic Accounts by developing and successfully implementing Key Account Plans.
- Enable profitable decision-making through demonstrated knowledge of; general business principles, internal financial management and industry business practices.
- Identify and implement Value Propositions with priority customers through knowledge and application of IP corporate/business capabilities and resources.
- Create IP advantage through continuous evaluation of market conditions, competitive environment and opportunities for innovation.
- Complete a selection and prioritization process to determine the top strategic Accounts to focus sales effort and engage support resources.
- Schedule and conduct the annual Account Business Review, with priority accounts, and secure agreement on business results and opportunities to address in the annual Account Plan.
- Develop the Key Account Plans, securing support for actions on opportunities agreed-to in the Business Review, and review with Manager for input and approval.
- Present the recommended Account Plan to all priority Accounts and collaborate to secure agreement to the plan objectives and measures.
- Implement the Plan and conduct frequent performance assessments to monitor results against measures and to jointly define action steps to improve performance.
- Analyze business conditions, identify opportunities and recommend solutions to improve performance and influence growth.
- Develop and maintain cross-business relationships that enable timely decision-making to support the business/financial needs of strategic Accounts.
- Maintain knowledge of IP financial measures and the ability to assess volume/revenue trade-offs to achieve the annual Budget.
- Gain and maintain understanding of priority customer(s) business goals, marketing plans and operational practices to improve effectiveness of programming and projects.
- Utilize sales reporting tools to consistently monitor and improve performance against business priorities and Key Account Plans
- Minimum Experience: 7 years in sales (or equivalent experience)
- Education: Minimum: BA/BS
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.